Sudden onset of constant knee cracking
Yesterday, I noticed that my right knee started cracking with every step as I went upstairs. There was no pain, and I actually didn't even realize that the sound was coming from my knee at first. I had forgotten about the cracking until today, when I again heard the cracking with every step as I climbed the stairs. Since then, I have noticed that it cracks (just not very loudly) when I stand up from a seated position, and when I pivot to change directions... but still no pain.

I have no recollection of any recent injury or unusual exercise activity that may have impacted my knee. I am in my early 30s and am in good health. Since it's so sudden, I am afraid it may be something potentially serious. Any thoughts as to what may be causing this?
It might be a minor dislocation at your joint which might have occured accidently during your sleep or some minor twist you would not have noticed.
Visit an Orthopaedician and he will correct it and also do not worry as it does not seems a major problem and if something else is there he will always diagnose. Take care!