Orthopedics Community
Swollen index finger for three months....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

For three months I've had an index finger that has been swollen with on and off pain.  It was a gradual thing.  There was no injury that caused this.  I have seen an Orthopedic doctor and have also had xrays, blood work, CT, and MRI.  All only show tendonitis.  The doctor sent me to Physical Therapy for one month where it has not been helpful.  I only have half of the range of motion as I should have.  Cannot flex or extend all the way.  I have asked if a Cortisone shot would be helpful with the swelling.  He wanted to try PT before the shot.  And still wasnt sure it would be helpful.  
Its been THREE months....I am begging for relief.  Any ideas?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The best way your orthopaedician thinks to treat your problem is conservative way and i.e physiotherapy and he has been trying this. If not there are other intervention methods like steorid injection or surgical correction of problem. You can discuss with him for the course of treating your problem and the estimated time. Take care!