Swollen index finger for three months....
For three months I've had an index finger that has been swollen with on and off pain.  It was a gradual thing.  There was no injury that caused this.  I have seen an Orthopedic doctor and have also had xrays, blood work, CT, and MRI.  All only show tendonitis.  The doctor sent me to Physical Therapy for one month where it has not been helpful.  I only have half of the range of motion as I should have.  Cannot flex or extend all the way.  I have asked if a Cortisone shot would be helpful with the swelling.  He wanted to try PT before the shot.  And still wasnt sure it would be helpful.  
Its been THREE months....I am begging for relief.  Any ideas?
The best way your orthopaedician thinks to treat your problem is conservative way and i.e physiotherapy and he has been trying this. If not there are other intervention methods like steorid injection or surgical correction of problem. You can discuss with him for the course of treating your problem and the estimated time. Take care!