Orthopedics Community
Swollen knuckle
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen knuckle

So I punched something really hard during karate and my little finger and ring finger area turned very purple and blue, and the bruising spread down my hand. The two knuckles also swelled up a lot and it hurt a lot at first but after two days it was just a constant irritating throb.
It's two weeks later and the swelling and bruising is completely gone, but as the swelling went down I noticed a small lump of something between my little and ring finger knuckle. It's very small, probably about half a centimetre, and I know it shouldn't be there. It's hard but I can't tell exactly how hard as there is a little skin and flesh covering it so it's difficult to tell completely. It's between the knuckles but a little bit forward and it hurts when I put pressure on it with my hand in a fist (like if I do push-ups with fists)
Please help! I completely ignored it and let the swelling go down by itself, which I am now regretting and I am worried this could be quite bad.