Orthopedics Community
Walking after Os Trigonum excision?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Walking after Os Trigonum excision?

I had surgery about two weeks ago, on July 25, to remove an Os Trigonum bone. I was in a cast until August 5, at which time I was put in a walking boot. We have a physical therapy appointment set for Monday, as it is the earliest we will be able to get there. I was curious, both for personal and professional reasons, about when I will be able to begin weight bearing/walking again. Is it bad if I put weight on it now? How strict should i be about it? Also, is it bad to move my foot in certain ways? Will scrunching my toes or moving my ankle around damage anything in the healing process? Finally, I have a question about swelling. I have noticed in the past few days that the ankle does seem to be a bit swollen. Is that normal? Is it bad? Should I continue to elevate it, and how much? Please let me know. Thanks in advance. :)