What Is A Disrupted ACL?
So I injured my knee on 25 February, and had to wait until last week to get an MRI. Well now I'm going to have to wait until the 30th to see a doctor (military healthcare at its finest) who can tell me what the results say. I have the printout of the Radiologists report, can someone tell me what this all means? Here is the report:

Mild joint effusion. There is bone marrow edema at the posterior aspect of the tibial plateau both medially and laterally. The patellar and quadriceps tendons appear normal. The anterior cruciate ligament is disrupted. Distinct ACL fibers are not noted.

Impression:
1. ACL disruption.
2. Joint effusion
3. Bone contusions at the posterior tibial plateau.

Does this all translate to a torn ACL?

Read more: Orthopedics Forum - What is a disrupted ACL? http://ehealthforum.com/health/what-is-a-disrupted-acl-t336312.html#ixzz1ph6pXkEs
Hi there!

Yes, ACL disruption means an ACL tear and would probably require a reconstruction surgery. You may like to discuss the management plan in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this helps.

Take care!