Worse pain after 1 time Synvisc injection
I had a very negative result after my injections of Synvisc. My knees are both bad and when I got the injections my Right knee was worse than the left and very sore.The injections were a one time thing and they were 8 ccs into each knee.The Dr. injected the medicine very fast and caused so much pain that I was in tears and was shocked at how much it hurt,especially the Right knee.I had the injections about 6 weeks ago and my knees have been much worse ever since.Now I can barely walk at times and the pain has changed from a bad aching (before shots) to a bad sharp pain(after shots).I was told that the med. would either help or do nothing,I was not told there was a chance of it becoming worse.Could the Dr.have injected it too fast or in the wrong place? Not sure what to think.But I cannot stand this pain much longer if I would have known there was a chance of this I never would have had it done.

Hi there!

Though it is possible for the injection to have been injected faster than recommended or injected in the wrong place, these are unlikely possibilities since medical practioners are well trained in the procedure. More likely possibilities are allergic reaction to one of the constituents, an already present knee effusion etc. I would recommend considering a review with your treating orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!