Orthopedics Community
Wrist Bone and Tendon Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Wrist Bone and Tendon Pain

Last year we had an extremely hot summer, which kept me inside. In Aug my wrist bone become sore along with my thumb tendon extremely painful. The bone in my wrist started to grow a knot on it. I was low on vitamin D, so I started taking the vitamin D. The pain on my bone and wrist is now gone, but this year in Oct my other wrist started hurting in the same locations. I had stopped taking the D vitamin during the summer. Now that my other wrist is bothering I have started taking the D again with Calcium, but I really do not know what dosage would help to get immediate relief. Can you tell me what dosage I should be taking to get quick relief ?
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to ligaments/ tendons, infections, inflammations, arthritis, degeneration, nerve impingement, vascular causes etc. Vitamin D and calcium are mere supplements may not help with acute pain. Also excessive use of vitamin D without a recent deficiency is avoided. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician. After a definite cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly. You could try using ice-packs/ warm compresses and some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see if these seem to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949