Wrist Bone and Tendon Pain
Last year we had an extremely hot summer, which kept me inside. In Aug my wrist bone become sore along with my thumb tendon extremely painful. The bone in my wrist started to grow a knot on it. I was low on vitamin D, so I started taking the vitamin D. The pain on my bone and wrist is now gone, but this year in Oct my other wrist started hurting in the same locations. I had stopped taking the D vitamin during the summer. Now that my other wrist is bothering I have started taking the D again with Calcium, but I really do not know what dosage would help to get immediate relief. Can you tell me what dosage I should be taking to get quick relief ?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to ligaments/ tendons, infections, inflammations, arthritis, degeneration, nerve impingement, vascular causes etc. Vitamin D and calcium are mere supplements may not help with acute pain. Also excessive use of vitamin D without a recent deficiency is avoided. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician. After a definite cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly. You could try using ice-packs/ warm compresses and some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see if these seem to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!