Orthopedics Community
Wrist Pain & Forearm Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Wrist Pain & Forearm Pain

I am experiencing 2 types of pain:

1st Pain:  Left Wrist, has an annoying pain on the back side of the main knot on my wrist but only when I turn my arm counter clockwise.  I can feel it when I turn it and my palm is facing up and then any more slight turning.  It has been this way for about 4 months at least.

2nd Pain:  This just happened this morning.  I couldn't pull up my socks on this morning without a shooting pain on the under side of my forearm in between my wrist and elbow.  Also at lunch just holding a plate in my hand.  It seems like it might be going away a little now.

Also I haven't done any lifting or excercise related activities with my arms.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Your supinator is the prime muscle which does the supination. You have mentioned the movement which is supination which is causing pain. There is another muscle involved at wrist which is brachiradialis.
The muscle runs in the forearm  also and we suspect that you have an inflammation of the muscle and also pain near its insertion and origin.
This might have occured during your sleep with false position of the hand.
Rest and anti inflammatory drugs should be tried or else an orthopaedician examination is required.
Take care!