Wrist issue
Good afternoon,

I am right handed and obviously use this hand much, much more than my left hand. I realized that my wrist posture related to my computer use has been poor, as my mouse was higher than my elbow.  I work on a computer often, resting my right wrist on the edge of my desk. Recently I noticed a very slight bruising and what appears to be a slight swelling on my right wrist where it would rest on the edge of the desk. There is no real pain or loss of motion, and it’s probably not something I would normally notice. One thing that has struck me, however, is that the veins in my right wrist appear less visible than the veins in my left wrist. I have talked to people who think that can be normal for the dominant hand/wrist as the less dominant left wrist can be skinnier.
Do you know if it can make sense for the veins in the dominant hand/wrist to be less visible than the other wrist? Also is there a way I should care for the right wrist? I have adjusted my mouse pad and plan to buy a wrist rest. I was thinking ice and maybe arnica gel? Does this sound like a decent course of action for now?
Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Hi there!

Visibility of the superficial veins may vary slightly between the hands and should not be a cause to worry. A rest pad for the wrist should be good, though you could also try switching to the wireless mouse. Creams/ lotions/ moisturizers may also be helpful for the purpose.
Hope this helps.

Take care!