bump on left knee that hasnt gone away
when i was in 4th grade i was walking down the stairs when my knee popped.i experienced pain for over a month that went away.
The bump is still there.im not very active.i want to if it something worse than the osgood schlatters disease .i was in soccer last  year and it started to hurt.the doctor said it was normal justgave me pain relief.i am 14 yrs old.
if any can please help.
is it a bad sign?normal?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the bump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include enlarged bursa, fractures/ loose bodies, bony/ cartilaginous, outgrowths, growths from any of the soft tissues etc. Knee pain could be caused due to patellar dislocation, chondromalacia, fractures, injuries to the internal ligaments/ menisci, infections/ inflammations, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, cyst formation, iliotibial band syndrome, osgood-schlatter disease, bone growths/ tumours, nerve injuries/ impingement etc. I would suggest considering an evaluation by a sports medicine specialist or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!