Orthopedics Community
hypermobility-shoulder surgery - now pinched nerve?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hi, I just had arthroscopic thermal capsular shift, as well as a labral repair, and cleaning of subacromial bursitis in my right shoulder. I was born hypermobile, therefore all of my amjor joints easily dislocate. After 13 years of playing softball the hyypermobility caught up with my shoulder and was very painful with dislocation occurring with almost any movement. After the surgery went very well and I had no problems until about the fifth week. I began noticing that when I was typing, writing, or even holding my phone up to my ear my hand would get very tingly and go numb very quick. My PT said it could possibly be a pinched nerve but she isn't sure. Should I be worried? If it is a pinched nerve is there any way to correct it? Please help, thank you.
Avatar dr m tn
Do Pysiotherapy and with it the nerve sensation will decrease. Discuss with your PT all the exercises and properly follow them.
With time the sensation will decrease, if not you have to go to your surgeon to do a post oprative assessment of your shoulder. Take care!