Orthopedics Community
knee dislocations
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

knee dislocations

My right knee cap occasionally will slip out of place and then realign its self.  When this happens I have severe pain for a few hours. It usally only happens every few months, however I was in the hospital for asthma and it happened twice. All I have to be doing is just walking. Is this something to worry about?  I broke my right ankle in 2001 and since then have had it fused, I fell on my left knee in 1996 and in 2007 had to have a patellar relignment. In the next 5 to 10 years I will need both a total ankle and total knee replacements. I'm 32 year old female 5'8" 240#.  Any advice is welcomed.
Thank you
Laura