Orthopedics Community
multiple joint pain, includinng knee, lower back, and shoulder
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

multiple joint pain, includinng knee, lower back, and shoulder

I am a 28 yr old female, average height and weight although I have gained 20 pounds rapidly in the past 6-months for no reason. I exercise regularly. I have multiple joint pain including lower back pain that increases if sedentary, burning knee pain especially in the evening and after sitting cross-legged.  I have had over 3 surgeries on my shoulders and have very weak ankles and wrists but have never injured or sprained these joints.  I also have occasional severe pain in my hips which comes very quickly and leaves almost as fast.  I am extremely flexible and have been told that I have Hypermobility Syndrome but I do not believe that this is the only thing causing my pain.  My pain seems to be worse at night and gets better with ice.  I am not sure if I should seek further advice for this problem.  My knee and back pain are the worse right now.  I feel as it I am too young for this type of pain to be occurring.  Please advise.      
1291239_tn?1272153567
Hi,

I am a physical theapist.  I may be biased but I would see a good orthopedic doctor and then a good physical therapist.  Multiple joint pain can be related to a variety of issues so you need to get that evaluated first.  Keep using the ice, get an accurate diagnosis, and see a PT for treatment.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank