muscle strain or something else
I was doing dumbbell shoulder press and on my last rep my left hand couldnt do it and it bended backwards then i heard popping sound in my shoulder blade and my shoulder blade ,lats, shoulder got hurt.Its been 3 weeks and 2 days . The first week its was swolen and bruised but it went away in the first week . but now 3 weeks from the accident it still hurts everytime i try to lift my arm up while holding something heavy like bottle of water or doing but the strange thing is that my shoulder hurts when i use it but doesnt hurt at all when i press on it no matter how hard . My upper shoulder blade and latisimus dorsi and just below the shoulder i think its the bone there dunno between the shoulder and the lats   hurts when i press on them and when i  try to reach my back or my other shoulder. i tried using heat , diclofenac gel and pills .. the pain is not that bad now but its going on for too long and keeps me from lifting weights i tried doing lightweight workout the second week but i dont think it was good .. the third week i rested should i try to workout again or? when will it go away and why my shoulder huts when i lift things but doesnt hurt at all when i press on it .?
It kind of sounds like you may have done some damage to the ligaments or tendons in your shoulder. They may have been strained when the weight bent it back. I would rest it for a few weeks and see if it gets better. If it doesn't I would have it checked by your dr. It hurts when you lift things because it is putting strain on the ligament/tendon you may not be able to actually press on the spot the damage is. Best wishes, Sissie