Orthopedics Community
outer knee pain when kneeling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

outer knee pain when kneeling

Hi I am a 40 year old woman - slightly overweight but only slightly.
For the last 3 weeks when kneeling and putting weight on my left knee (which i tend to go down onto first) I have had a burning  sensation on the outer part of my left knee. At between 3 and 4 O'clock on the boney bit. It feels as if something is under tension rather than something locking. I feel as if something is about to tear or burst.
Any ideas at all?
No injuries at all and it has got slowly worse rather than a sudden onset. the pain is bad enough to take my breath away!
Thanks penny
Related Discussions
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hey Penny!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infection/ inflammations, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, degenerations, injuries sustained by constant low grade trauma, neuro-muscular issues etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try resting the knee. Crepe bandage/ knee braces may be useful for limiting the mobility around the knee joint. OTC NSAIDS may be helpful in providing pain relief as well.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979