residual effects of high impact trauma 3 yrs later
Lumbar spondylosis L1-L2 through L4-L5 annular bulging; L2-3 through L4-5 annular bulging with facet hypertrophy arthrosis resulting in central stenosis more prominent at L4-5 not changed from 2 yrs prior; L4-5 facet arthrosis more prominent with edema involving the (R) L5 pedicle not seen on previous examination.  What exactly does this mean?  Can it have something to do with the fractures I sustained to my pelvic ring. I was lucky enough not to have to have surgery however, I never have the back problems that I have now and I can't feel part of my foot and leg.  I am trying aqua pt again hopefully I will not swell as I did the last time I tried it.
Hi there!

The MRI describes degenerative changes of the lumbar spine (lower back), associated with narrowing of the canal that carries the spinal cord (this has not changed from an MRI taken 2 years prior). At L4/ L5 these is increased degeneration seen as compared to the previous MRI. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for a clinical evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this helps.

Take care!