Orthopedics Community
severe pain after partial wrist fusion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

severe pain after partial wrist fusion

I have had severe pain in my wrist after getting a partial wrist fusion. The pins were removed 2 weeks early because they went through the bone or migrated. How normal is this pain how long will it last and what can I do for the pain besides eat painkillers which is the only thing my doctor keeps telling me to do.
Related Discussions
965215_tn?1274958773
Did your orthopedic surgeon take an xray after your fusion to make sure the bones are fusing together? You have a spider plate? I think thats what it is called. How long ago did you have the fusion. I had an intercarpal fusion and the pain was severe for a good 5 months afterwards. I am having other problems with it now but as far as after I had it done my doctor did about 2 xrays to make sure there was union of the fusion. Sorry I can not be of any further help.
I was also wondering how come you had to have the wrist fusion?  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank