Orthopedics Community
sharp pain through knee when sitting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

sharp pain through knee when sitting

have had two low back surgeries and one on my spine in my neck,I know "that" pain. Suddenly,much more when I sit,although at times when standing but not as bad,I have a pain unlike any I have ever had in my left leg concentrated in the knee area,a stabbing sharp pain through my knee. It does not come from my back down it is only in my leg. I have issues with my right hip but that is an ache pain,this is sharp. Any ideas what and or why suddenly I am having this pain? It really happens when I sit..be it in a car, in my bed or in a chair. Only on occasionally when I am standing. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks !!!
Avatar dr m tn

Hello!

The pain in your knee can be linked to your lower spinal lumbar problems. The spinal lumbar nerves innervate your legs.

I would suggest you to get the latest lower spinal scans and follow up with an orhopedician for a proper diagnosis.

Also get your knee examined locally and also if you had any injury, fall on your knee there is a possibility of this pain.

Take care!