shoulder (humorous) break, and dislocated,help!
i am 27 years old and i was assaulted about 9 weeks ago. i had a dislocated right shoulder and a broken humerus. they say that it might not heal, and i might need sergery for a replacement..ii was kicked with a steel toe boot directly on my shoulder as hard as someone can kick you. im suffering so badly, because i am a dj. Its been a dream of mine and i finally got a job making alot of money for 8 years now with a huge promotional company. Now i think my life is over. everything i loved for so long is now over. i know for a fact my shoulder will not heal and work the way it did before and i am more depressed then i haver evr been. Im not sure how things may end up in the. Im just looking to see someones story that has had some success with thier(humerus fracture) and dislocted shoulder. Im just wondering if ill be able to dj again without pain, and with atleast 90 degree movement.
anyone know what i will have to expect, how long this might take to heal.
???
How are you feeling?
So I am talking to a DJ. You said you were injured in an assault. It suggests that you would have got crush injury which is difficult to heal, but not that it would ever heal.
The shoulder joint has the greatest range of motion of all joints in the body and, thus, is at high risk for dislocations.
Have you got imaging study done? What does the report say?
Plain radiographs typically are the only imaging studies necessary in the diagnostic workup of acute shoulder dislocations.
I think shoulder replacement is the best option available for you.
Once you have done shoulder replacement you can at least have range of motion around shoulder joint.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.