sprain pinky seven months ago
Good day

I had an accident in my job i sprain  my pinky finger my finger bent all the back and i tore my ligament grade 2 it has been seven months since the accident i am still having problems with my finger i exercise it every day to keep it from getting stiff but my finger swells up almost every single day and i continue to have throbbing pain  my doctor say it's just taking a long time to heal i saw a orthopedic specialist and he i don't need surgery  is it normal for my finger to be taking so long to heal or should get a second opinion??

thanks please someone shed some light i am very stressed out with this finger...
Hello!

You would need a second opinion near an expert surgeon who is experienced in finger and hand injuries.

If your X-ray suggests proper bone healing then you would require an MRI to diagnose the delicate tendon injuries or ligament problems in your hand.

If required you would need surgical intervention if conservative treatment fails as it has been 7 months already.

Take care!