Orthopedics Community
tenderness in arm that was broken in July

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I was in an auto accident this past July  and broke the ulna in my left arm,it was the forearm or my doctor called it a nightstick break, my arm,especially in the area of the break is still tender, and bruises easy even if i barly bump it,it still swells sometimes and aches.he told me in September that i could return to work with not lifting restrictions,which i did, my job requires heavy lifting so i wore a brace for over two months, is this tenderness normal? or should i contact my doctor?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

I would suggest you to go for a fresh X-ray and confirm the healing. There would be stiffness after fracture healing so you would need physiotherapy to increase the strength and getting your left forearm to complete functionality.

I would suggest you not to do heavy lifting for couple of months even if you wear a brace. A fracture heals by a callous formation in a month but the complete bone strength is acquired only after 3 months with proper recovery.

Take care!