Orthopedics Community
trigger thumb reocurrence

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

trigger thumb reocurrence

My son was operated on for trigger thumb over a year ago now he mentioned to me the other day that all the rest of his fingers feel 'like his thumb used to feel' I wondered what the chances are of this occuring in other fingers as well it took me years to get it diagnosed the first time round as they thought he was dislocating his thumb but he also played on it at times as well (he did admit that after) should I be worried and insist he is reffered or just wait and see how it goes?
I am 53 and one day a month ago my thumb on my left hand started to get stuck.It happened in the top joint, like when you move it down it got stuck and  had to be snaped back into place, you want to talk about alot of pain. Whats up with this how can I help it with only over the counter products.