Orthopedics Community
wet cast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

wet cast

I got my cast wet on accident triped and fell in water, but have an appointment to get cast off in 2 days. Should I worry about getting an infection and call my doctor or will it be okay to wait the two days?  how long dose it take after get your cast wet to get an infection?thanks wet cast  
Hello Dear,
If the cast does get wet, you may be able to dry out the inside padding with a blow-dryer. Use a low setting and blow the air through the outside of the cast. Ask your doctor about using a blow-dryer before trying this.You can wait for two days if it dries by the blow dryer.
Refer http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/healthy/firstaid/after-injury/094.html
Best