Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Stomach bloating with low back pain & cramps

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Wondering if anyone has had similiar problems and what they did to relieve them.........I'm 41, have had 3 children and a hysterectomy without removing my ovaries approx. 12 years ago.  3 weeks ago I started having problems with bloating and a feeling of fullness in my stomach below the belly button.  Thought it might be constipation, my lower back started hurting but every time I would have a bowel movement the back pain would go away.  Then a week ago the back pain wasn't being relieved by the bowel movement nor was the bloating or full feeling.  I went to the chiropractor and he has helped with most of the back pain but I still feel like my stomach is full.  Plus i have been having cramps, like when you are on your period even though I no longer have a uterus.  Has anyone else had similiar problems and if so what did they do to relieve them?

Thanks for any and all help!
Blondie
Dear Blondie,

You need to see a doctor and have a careful physical exam. You may have bloating from something like irritable bowel or lactose intolerance. You could also have an ovarian cyst. After an exam, the common approach is to get a pelvic ultrasound to look at your ovaries
take care
I am currently going through this same exact thing. I have a large cyst on my left ovary. I noticed my stomache feeling bloated and a hardness in my lower abdomen. I went to my obgyn and it is a fairly large cyst which I am having removed next week by a obgyn Oncologist.
Thanks for the replies.  I did go to see my doctor today but had to see the nurse practitioner instead.  She isn't sure what is wrong, said I might have a kidney stone and gave me pain meds and told me to come back on Monday if I'm not better.    Guess I will wait and see what Monday brings.
Here is some additional information that I forgot to add to my first post......My mother passed away from breast cancer at age 51 (before going thru menopause) and her sister, my aunt, was also diagnosed with breast cancer at age 50.  Would this family history put me at a great risk for ovarian cancer?
As a 9 year, stage 3C ovarian cancer survivor, and in continued chemo therapy treatments, it is my opinion that it could be possible that you would run a greater risk of ovarian cancer (OVCA) because of your family history.  I had my DNA tested several years ago and found that I carry the BRACA 2 mutation which means that if one carries that, they run a much greater risk of getting OVCA or Breast Cancer.

I'm not suggesting that you have your DNA tested but I think you are high risk.  Do push your docs to perform a trans-vaginal ultrasound, and possibly a CA125 blood test.  Also, do some research on the CA125 because it is not an accurate marker for all women and sometimes can have a false positive reading.

Best to you!

Same thing going on, started about 3 weeks ago.  I'm an overall healthy 28 year old.  I'm a skinny person, but for the last 3 weeks now have looked about 4-5 months pregnant.  Worse at the end of the day, but I guess it's just because I'm probably full of food/water.  My lower back's been hurting for about 6 mths, and I started having achy meunstral like cramps about the same time my belly swelled up .  I actually started my period yesterday, but nothing's changed cramping-wise or bloating-wise or back-wise.  (Usually my PMS stuff goes away on the first day)  I was feeling pretty crummy Friday, so went to the doctor and he sent me over for a abdominal/pelvic CT scan.  I haven't heard back yet.  Breast cancer runs pretty heavily in my family, and my dad had prostate cancer.  I did have a *benign* nerve tumor removed from my shoulder in November, but it was fine after that.  So, my question is, whenever I hear the CT scan results, if the doc says the scan is A-OK, should I be satisfied with that and stop there?  I'm not hypochondriac or anything, just want to know if a CT scan is going to definitely show if anything is wrong or not.  
A related discussion, Age Factor was started.
A related discussion, no period,low back pain and bloating was started.
A related discussion, cysts was started.
Help!I'm 28 I'm a brittle diabetic have a long history of cysts and endotremsios I've had 19 surgaries to remove cysts and endometriosis.keep getting worse I hVe flare ups wt bad pain I go into dka or my blood sugars go sky high 800's higher.my stomach so distended I look 6 mths pregant.and pelvic area is distented. Also had a still bith at 8 mths almost year ago.could there be more wrong than just a cyst bursting? Help please