Ovarian Cysts Community
Apendicitis or Ruptured Ovarian cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Apendicitis or Ruptured Ovarian cyst?

For almost a week I've been having RLQ pain. Went to er 5 days ago and was told could be ovarian cyst or early stages of apendicitis. Told to come back if pain got worse. Next day I had a bout of severe pain that lasted about 45 minutes,but went away before I could leave the house.(I'm blind so had to wait for a ride) Since then (4 days now) I've been running a fever from 99.1 to 100.4 and am still having pain ranging from a dull ache to moderatly severe. .Should I go back to dr. or continue to "watch and see"? Bloodwork,urine test,and CT Scan all were normal 6 days ago.  Normal except for the cyst.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Right lower quadrant pain can be due to ovarian cyst or appendicitis. The intermittent nature of the pain is typical of appendicitis. However it can also be found when the ovarian cyst undergoes torsion. The fever suggests the possibility of infection. Hence it would be best to see your Doctor again. Once a correct diagnosis is made the appropriate treatment can be initiated.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
I think you should ask for a ultrasound of your ovaries, that will rule out if it is a cyst.  Birth control pills will shrink it if it is a cyst.   Pam