Ovarian Cysts Community
Cysts while 20 weeks pregnant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cysts while 20 weeks pregnant

I am 19 weeks pregnant and have been having some pain around my left ovary.  They did a transvaginal u/s at 6 weeks and said I had 2 very small cysts on my left ovary.  They mentioned a corpus luetum (sorry for the spelling) and that it would go away.  I am 18 weeks and 5 days and had my anatomy u/s today - they checked my ovary again and the cysts were still there - they said the biggest was around 2 cm and then there was an even smaller one.  The nurse practioner I saw after the u/s wasn't concerned at all and said they shouldn't be causing me pain (they are).  My maternal grandmother had ovarian cancer and I asked her about the cysts and she dismissed my fears.  My question, after all this background, is should I get a second opinion?  Should I just wait and see.  My mom always had cysts but has always been very healthy (she's 55, as well as her sisiter who is 61) What Should I do?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
189069_tn?1323405738
Cysts can cause a lot of pain, but if your doctor is not worried, and you feel that you can trust him/her, try to relax and not worry too much.  If you would like a second opinion, nothing wrong with that.  You're cysts are rather small and I'm sure they would have told you if they were anything to worry about. When in doubt, get a second opinion. If it will help you relax, go ahead and get another one. Good luck and try not to worry.
Blank
329994_tn?1301666848
Your cysts are small and can definitely cause pain. More than likely, they are functional cysts; however, you do have a history with your grandmother's ovarian cancer. I would ask your doctor about watching the cysts closely and monitoring symptoms.  If you feel especially anxious, I would suggest getting a 2nd opinion. Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...