Ovarian Cysts Community
Dermoid cyst symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Dermoid cyst symptoms

Was diagnosed through US in Sept. with an 'ovarian mass'....follow up with MRI in October to determine it was a dermoid cyst.  Had no symptoms or pain....until Thanksgiving (5 weeks ago).  Had right leg pain/pulling/cramping.  Saw chiro, thought it was my back, but not better with chiro.  Saw primary care, on pain meds, at this point pain now horrific in right buttock, posterior leg to ankle, not bearing weight on right leg, can't sit, difficult for BM....had another MRI, cyst hadn't grown, was diagnosed with bulging disk at L5-S1, pressing on S1 nerve root...BuT had spinal injection, not much change to my condition....except now I have more pins/needles feeling and right foot is still mostly numb.  I know, sounds like all my back,but something tells me that my cyst is more involved in this too.  It is only about 5 cm or so, but with OB exam (rectal), Dr. could feel the cyst now in a more posterior position, pushing on my rectum, oh and did I mention in all this the tailbone pain too.  After the exam my tailbone pain was horrible for about 2 days. On lots of pain meds now...for back or cyst?  scheduled for surgery for the cyst in 2 days.....hope I can make it through the recovery if it is my back that is the issue......anybody think it is the cyst?
best of luck for ur surgery
So, did everything feel better after the cyst was removed?

I am having similar symptoms and they also think it is my back but I think it is the 5 cm cyst they found that has caused ovarian torsion.

Male drs, I don;t think they understand.