Ovarian Cysts Community
Did anyone experiece a decrease sex drive after surgery??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I had my right ovary removed due to a 4.8 cm cyst, and another cyst on the left, with a D/C on my uterus, ever since then, I have no sex drive at all. I feel bad that my poor husband not only had to wait for 2 weeks for my to have sex and now is like i have no desire what so ever, did anyone experience this and how did they recover. MY surgery was 8/13/08, I woke up in excrutiating pain that I have never experience before, but after a few days felt better, was back to work 5 days later, and now I feel great, but I have been spotting through out the weeks.  I have no period since March of this year, so I truly think I am going through menopause, but I am only 46 years old, does it happen this early in the years.. does anyone have a suggestion... my biopsy was normal thank GOD. But now I just dont know, I called my Gyn and he said I have to be without a period for a year to truly know I am going through menopause.. can anyone share some ideas on this.. Thank you
It is still quite early since your surgery.  I'm not sure if you had a laparotomy or a laparoscopy.  Either way, the insides need to heal and with one ovary gone it can take a bit of time for your other one to kick in and stir up all those good hormones.  My doctor would not allow sex for 6 weeks after and I was ready.  Take your time.  It will come back.
Trudie is right.. Give yourself some time. You haven't had time to really recuperate yet.. But if I could share a little personal insight.. My good hormones have been gone for quite a spell (I'm 69).. don't despair.. you really aren't gonna miss the hormones after awhile  Here's some inside info for all you younger gals.. Sex doesn't happen in the body.... It happens in your head  LOL but true !!! Trust me on this !

Take care and don't worry.. you'll be feeling much better in few months !

Sandy