Ovarian Cysts Community
HELP! Ovarian cyst on left side & hemmoroid connection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I have had miserable stomach pain, alternating constipation and diarrhea, painful bowel movements and awful pain in my lower left side for about a year. This has also coinceded with miserable periods. Long story short I was finally diagnosed last week with a 3cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary that has caused my ovary to swell to twice its size. I am awaiting an appointment with a specialist but in the meantime I am wondering if this cyst is what's causing a lot of my constipation problems and the development of hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) now? It seems like the pain starts in the ovary and then I have a hard time with bowel movements for days to a week at a time. Eventually I will get so "full" that the stomach cramps will start and I'll have diarrhea. Is the cyst blocking my digestive system somehow? Could this be related to the hemmoroid? I am so confused! And tired of the stomach pain :(

I have had success with ibuprofen for the pain and swelling but even though I always take it on a full stomach I have developed awful heartburn from it. Is there anything you can recommend for the pain and swelling, especially if this could be related to my hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) and bleeding with bowel movements?
I would recommend using a heating pad daily. I use one every night before I go to bed. It helps immensely with pain management. I also alternate between use of Tylenol and Ibuprophen. It helps prevent a tolerance build up. I have some endometriosis and I grow cysts all the time which cause me to have IBS. Every once in a while I'll take a women's laxative to help. All that pressure build up makes me feel miserable. I hope you feel better after you see your doctor!
So it's normal then? To have the cyst get in the way of regular bowel movements? That is more miserable than the cyst pain alone! I am on the couch now with a heating pad. Thank you for the suggestion.
A cyst can definitely inhibit bowel movements. I had that problem before my cyst was removed. I took a chewable fiber supplement to prevent constipation. I no longer need it since surgery.
Thank you so much for the info. I have been so miserable all day and night and its kind of freaking me out. At times I feel as though my insides are going to fall out! Then I will have no pain at all for a little bit... then it comes back as quickly as it left. This sure isn't fun at all.
No, it's not fun. Even after my surgery I'm still miserable, but I still need my appendix taken out. Are you old enough to get a hysterectomy? That would help, although it's not something to be taken lightly.