Ovarian Cysts Community
Had laparoscopic surgery 12/11/14 help!! I'm worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I was treated for endometriosis and had 4 cyst removed the largest was 5cm. I'm sore as expected, but the vaginal bleeding seems like it's never going to end. I asked my doctor how long I should expect to have bleeding from the surgery and he replied, "oh just a few days." That's fine, and expected, but it seems like I'm bleeding more and more every day. Now I have tissue coming out of me as well-- how long did this last for anybody else and is this normal? I'm trying to figure out if the trauma from the surgery may have caused me to start my period earlier than expected. I'm sooo confused and worried--PLEASE HELP!!!
Surgery can definitely upset the menstrual cycle. But if the bleeding is excessive or has lots of clots, you should check with your doctor.
Thank you very much for getting back to me. The bleeding is not excessive, it seems now like a normal period. I was concerned because after a surgery like this it's hard to pick out disigunish causes of symptoms. I have never had surgery or have been put out on anthesisia so this is all new to me. I am very greatful for your comment. Does anyone know about how long all the muscles in your back will hurt from over compensating?
I cannot answer specifically about the sore back muscles. If you had a laparotomy (long vertical or horizontal incision), recovery time frame is 6 to 8 weeks. I am curious what type of cysts were removed.
It was an endometrial cyst-- I think that's what it's called-- that is the large one. The smaller ones that were removed I'm not sure what kind of cyst they were, I go to the doctor Tuesday and will be happy to get back to you then. I would like to know as well. The back pain is causes from slouching and kinda walked leaning forward curled up slightly-- some how that helped the pain when I was walking around. Over all I feel pretty good on day 4. I'm still sore when I cough or laugh, which at times is very hard not to do with my husband being home cooking
I figured at least one was probably an endometrial cyst since you said you have endometriosis. Since you had so many cysts, I am curious if you may also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), the hallmark of which is a "strand of beads" formation of cysts on the ovaries.