Laparotomy (ovarian cysts)
Hello everyone!

I had chocolate cysts, endometriosis and tumor on my right ovary and it was removed during laparoscopy almost 8 years ago. Since then I was on Yasmin birth control pills, had a punctuation and was on Zoladex shots for sih months in order to save my left ovary, because I have cysts and endometriosis on it too. I stopped taking Yasmin pills year and a half ago in order to TTC, but nothing happened, so I wanted to try insemination, but my gyno said that I had one formal cyst and one endometric cyst and they are big, so the next step he sais is laparotomy and than In Vitro procedure.
So, my question is: Has anyone had experience with this kind of laparotomy, what kind of procedure is it and what about the healing process?

Thank you in advance!
H, sorry to hear of your situation! Though I don't have experience with the types of cysts, I did recently undergo a laparotomy to remove a large tumor, ovary, omentum, fal tube, tissue etc.
I had a verticle incision from about 1 inch above my naval down to the pubic bone.
I noted some tips under a few posts that may be helpful?

Look under "Operation tomorrow - eek"
You can also look up my profile to see where else I've posted.
I try to check here frequently and offer help when I can - want to return the kindness of those who help me through the tough and traumatic process.

I wish you all the best!! I'll be happy to help with any questions I can ;)
Thank you for you answer to my post!
I will look you profile to read more about your experience. I am sure it would be helpful for me!
Have a nice day and all the best!