Ovarian Cysts Community
Lesion vs Cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Lesion vs Cyst?

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and have been seeing a urologist for other issues, in the course of testing I had a Trans vaginal ultra sound done that revealed that I have an enlarged uterus and a "lesion on my right ovary", now the report calls it a lesion but my urologist called it a cyst and told me that I need to have it monitored although he thought it was prob nothing to worry about I should have my Transvaginal ultrasound repeated.  I am peri menopausal and I am 44.  I have not had a period for a long time but I do sometimes bleed after sex. I have put the lack of periods down to having a Marina IUD in place and the peri menopause.

Questions are lesions and cysts the same thing?

How long should I wait before I have my ultra sound repeated, he is writing a letter to my GP making a recommendation, I thought it was 2mths, but it might have been 3mths.

Any info appreciated,
Udkas.
did they say how big this lesion is? they will have you wait a few months to see if the cyst goes away or gets smaller..if its a simple cyst your period will resolve it. I myself have a mass/tumor they call complex..(solid and fluid filled) and have had it for 3 looong years, it was 4 cm now its 8.6cm. scary stuff !!!  i havent had a period for 1and 1/2 years now..doc thinks im menopausal..im not too sure of that myself..i think its from this "thing" in me. Im having a total hysterectomy Jan 8t though. oh boy..lol. and nervous as you can imagine. big time.. let us know what they say and dont stress. at least thats what they tell me to do. lol.  im sure you'll be fine!!!  they say (doctors and these wonderful ladies on here)..that 99% of cysts are benign !!  
Thanks for your reply, I have found out that cysts and lesions are the same thing. I asked a radiologist.  I don't know how big my cyst is, I think it's only small.  I have had a lot of bloating for some reason, I can look 6mths pregnant on some days but I am not overweight, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with my cyst.  I keep urinating some blood as well, but not large amounts and the urologist does not think these things are connected.  I hope my cyst goes away, I am peri menopausal, but I have had a period recently so I will get it checked (the cyst) in January and hope it has gone away.

Your cyst is massive, I will be thinking of you when you have your surgery.  They say most cysts are benign, well at least in my reading. Have you had the CA125? blood test done, is that in normal range?

I am positive mine is nothing of concern and wouldn't have even been found if I had not had all these other issues (blood in urine etc.) I only had all this investigated because I keep getting perineum burning sensations etc.

Take care,
thinking of you, thanks again for your reply
Udkas.
I'm a 51 yr old female,two yearsago, I started having dextrose, finallyafter a couple months.. theysyopped.. well now I have HB Pressure.. on vitamin c and on protection, and thyroid meds.. and I am on prednisone.. for almost a year.. for several months.. I started having these spells.. or whatever?? they are... anyway.. I feel like something is fixing to happen.. like I know that something isn't right. I feel this coming on.. have enough time to tell someone, cuz for a hour or so.. I don't know nothing.. I will dose off and talk about things from the past.. then about 20 mins later.. I just like wake up.. and it takes me about two three hours to remember everything.. but then I'm fine.. I've not tod the doctors anything about these.. any thoughts to what it could be.. I'm just about to go crazy about this.. I had one last night..& my daughter recorded it.. it's ares me to death.. please somebody help...