Ovarian Cysts Community
NORMAL OVARY SIZE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

NORMAL OVARY SIZE

iIREAD ON E- MEDICINE THAT A NORMAL OVARY SIZE IS    3- TO 5- CM . THIS IS IN CONTRAST TO OTHER THINGS  I am reading . I have read somuch about enlarged ovaries and all info is scary , but to see this size 3-5 cm catorgorized as normal on some sites ,its a bit misleading ...What is the truth ?
I'm thinking that very woman would be slightly different.  Though I also was educated to beleive they were somewhat smaller than that.  If you think about it, it could also be age related (size).  When your younger you have so many eggs, and as you age the number dwindles slowly and ovaries do develope atrophy with advancing age.  What do you think?
I had a spine doctor , ortho visit scheduled due to the pain in my scaroilliac joints hips etcetera .I felt sure he would have heard that fibroids and such can cause pain in these regions , however I also had to tell him that I was in car accident 7 months ago and that at the time I did have pain in the right scaro joint , but the hip thing has been more recent  ( last 2 months) So I explained to him I had an 8 cm fibroid and a rt ovary 5 cm and felt that was the cause ...he LIKE the GYN that fired me from being a patient for thinking I needed an MRI because the songrapher who took the images that he dicated from ,told me that it was too big, she didn;t know what she was looking at and I needed some other tests , this was after trans and reg ultrasound , anyway , he said NOimmposibl for the fibroid or obvary to be causing me pain here and has never heard of it , just like the GYN ..I go this Friday to a new GYN ...I can't believe this....my hips and sacro joints are terrible and I have major bloating ,but the big thing is the pain from the back region ,which sometimes will not aloow me to bend ,sit or walk! I should have as one here suggested print out all the posts of the back ,hip ,leg probems , except I was out of print paper ...The doctor did take xrays and didn't see anything wring with joints ! IT HAS TO BE THE FIBROID AND OVARY ....What else?