Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian Complex Cyst, Thickened Uterine Lining

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I have been having pains on both sides of my stomach and it feels bloated.  I had an ablation done about 5 years ago after my last son was born.  I just turned 43, so I have no clue if I am post-menopausal.  Went for an ultrasound and an intra-vaginal ultrasound and they found an Ovarian Complex Cyst measuring 2.2 cm on my right ovary and it said it is thought to be 'minimally complex' possibly due to being a hemmoragic cyst.  The lining of my uterus was measured at 8mm and there is thought to be a fibroid in the uterus measuring about 1.4 cm and other 'small fibroids' in uterus.  I no longer bleed, so I wouldn't know if I had Uterine Cancer.  My regular doctor ordered the ultrasound and I am going to the gynocologist to see about this, but thought I would ask here.  Is it really possible for BOTH these things (the lining thickening which shouldn't even be thick at all because of the ablation and the ovarian 'cyst' to both be non-Cancerous or is it more likely they are both cancer?).  I doubt I am totally menopausal but I might be peri-menopausal?  I have no clue what to think and I'm freaking out.  About 3 years ago, I had a cyst removed from the same ovary that was about 7 cm, but cause me no pain whatsoever...found on a regular check up.  It came back (thank GOD), not Cancer, but I'm freaking out bad...can anyone help at all???
The general rule is that if you had no period for 1 year or more, menopause is completed. Any cyst that forms after menopause will be treated as suspicious, but they can still be benign (mine was). Fibroids shrink after menopause. You can have these conditions and still be cancer free, but you want to make sure a doctor gives you a clean bill of health and not ignore these things. I think most of us are doomed to have our reproductive systems go bad eventually and have something removed. Even benign conditions can land us in the doctor's office or the hospital for surgery. I completed menopause at 46 and that is considered early. At 43 I cannot say for sure where you are in the menopause cycle. Sometimes cysts can cause periods to stop. It is important to have a gynecologist figure out what is going on and whether any treatment is required...general doctors really don't understand the complicated female body. Try not to worry. I hope the gyn gives you even more reassurances.
I have large complex cyst on my ovaries and it has caused no pain up until recently and my symptoms are the same as yours. One test you can have done when you go to the doctor is a CA125 it's a cancer screening usually performed with complex cysts maybe you have had this done before considering your history. Cancer is always a concern when it comes to issues pertaining to the reproductive organs. in this situation only time and testing will conclude what is going on with you. Wish you the best BB