Ovarian Cysts Community
Ovarian cyst & mixed echogenic mass on left ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hi, I'm really worried & dOn't know if I'm worrying over nothing. I'm 35yrs old & due to a recent eptopic pregnancy & being discharged from the Early Pregnancy Unit, I have received a copy of a letter sent to my GP. It states that I have a 2.3cm simple cyst on my left ovary & a 1.2 x 1.1cm mixed echo mass ??? adjacent to the left ovary. What does this mean ?
I have no indication of what it is & it doesn't say if I require any follow up appointments. I'm worried because last year I had to have a colposcopy for abnormal cells found to be CIN 3. There is a very strong history of all types on cancer in my family which is why I'm very apprehensive. If anyone can shed some light or reassurance I'd be extremely grateful.
A complex ovarian cyst is less common than simple ovarian cyst. At such a young age it can eb dermoid cyst which is a type of complex ovarian cyst and is the most common type and develops during the childbearing age. Complex ovarian cysts are generally benign. The risk of malignancy is generally higher among postmenopausal women. But since you have a history of cancer it needs to be evaluated and a CA-125 done if anything suspicious is found.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I'm extremely grateful. I am due to see my Gp next week. I will keep you posted on what she says. One again thank you
Hi Bhupinder Kaur, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm going for my ultrasound scan tomorrow afternoon and am feeling very nervous. I've also had blood tests done & get the results of them tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will all be good news !