Ovarian Cysts Community
Septated Ovarian cyst !!! CA 125 is 50 !!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hi everyone !!!
I am 24 years old girl , three weeks ago I had a miscarriage ( 9 weeks ). Last week I came to check if all tissues had passed  and it was discovered by my doctor that I have a small septated cyst cyst and few functional cysts on my right ovary  ( 3 cm ) my CA 125 came back elevated to 50.5. I already got a referl  to see ob/oncologist and hopefully I can get some  answers . Meanwhile does elevated CA 125 means possibility of cancer.
I have some problems with my BM but I also get that with anxiety . I am so scared !!!!!!!
I'm not clinically trained at all but when they discussed CA 125 with me, they said it isn't actually necessarily very useful for ovarian cancer and told me that due to my age (21) is was relatively useless as a diagnostic tool. Whether this was the NHS just fobbing me off is another question.....

However it is essential not to panic. I try to reply to as many people as possible because when I was waiting for replies on this forum i was so nervous and words from supportive people kept me sane. It is worth talking to your gyn to discuss what this actually means and the implications of the findings - they may just wish to monitor you and see how it goes (often frustrating but a favourite approach in the British health system...) I know here in the UK they say 5cm + is a problem. However, cysts are bizarre. Mine has solid and fluid components but due to me being 21 they wont deem it as complex.

What I am trying to say is - just try to communicate with your gyn. Perhaps speak to your GP about interpreting your reports also?
An Elevated CA125 could mean a variety of things.

do you have painful periods? it is possible it could be Endometriosis