Weight loss after Dermoid cyst removal?
I had a 6 cm Dermoid cyst and 1/2 my right ovary removed laparoscopically on Sept 22nd. I gained a few extra lbs right afterwards, but after about a week I was back to normal. Well, my weight kept going down, now, a month and a half after my surgery, I've lost a lil over 15 lbs. I haven't been doing anything different, or eating anything different.

Could dermoid cysts cause weight gain, and when removed cause weight loss? I've tried to do research, but haven't found much..
I haven't heard of any studies that have shown any connection between a dermoid and weight loss.  But, the dermoid could have been making your hormones out of sync and also making you retain more fluid.  Also, you may not have been feeling your best when you had it and now are able to be more active.  Most of the time women gain weight as you did just after surgery, but aren't so lucky at having it reverse.  I think it is probably nothing of concern.  But, you may want to mention it to your doctor if you continue to lose weight.  I can't think of any reason that would have been caused by the surgery.  

Take care,

Shelly
Hello, I just had a dermoid cyst removed as well as my right ovary.  I am four daysout from surgery.  My weight was also up 8 lbs after surgery and is now gradually going down, thank goodness.

I am wondering if you lost my more after your surgery and if you saw an improvement in your health after surgery?

Thank you so much for upur reply.  Happy new year!