abdominal swelling
Can cysts on the ovaries cause stomach distention and weight gain?

This discussion is related to large abdominal cystic mass.
I was able to see that the left side of my lower stomach was different...not as "flat"...as the right.  I had to really look from the side in the mirror, but it was there.
Turns out that is the side my grapefruit size  ovarian tumor was.
I did have a gradual weight gain as well; but, can't say it was due to the tumor.
I hope this info helps.
Peace.
dian
Yes, absolutely. Many say they look pregnant when what they really have is a cyst. If a cyst is fluid filled it can become quite heavy.
Yes, that is happening to me right now. I am used to having a washboard stomach from working out and my stomach is distended. Don't be discouraged. Your muscles can bounce back as long as you keep exercising thru this. Try to keep walking if you can and use you core muscles (engage them)when sitting up straight or reaching for items like groceries.

Inga
Oh absolutely it can cause swelling as well as some weight gain. Prior to surgery, I was bloating out looking pregnant, post surgery now its mostly when ive done too much etc.
Is this happening to you right now?I have had problems for years now.I think maybe 8 yrs.I have pcos but when my problems first started I did not..My problems started after a D&C..I was having pain before then but not sweling or distention.Since then my body has gained lots of weight and I am unable to lose weight and become swollen.