Ovarian Cysts Community
abdominal swelling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

abdominal swelling

Can cysts on the ovaries cause stomach distention and weight gain?

This discussion is related to large abdominal cystic mass.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I was able to see that the left side of my lower stomach was different...not as "flat"...as the right.  I had to really look from the side in the mirror, but it was there.
Turns out that is the side my grapefruit size  ovarian tumor was.
I did have a gradual weight gain as well; but, can't say it was due to the tumor.
I hope this info helps.
Peace.
dian
Blank
Yes, absolutely. Many say they look pregnant when what they really have is a cyst. If a cyst is fluid filled it can become quite heavy.
Blank
1490116_tn?1304820737
Yes, that is happening to me right now. I am used to having a washboard stomach from working out and my stomach is distended. Don't be discouraged. Your muscles can bounce back as long as you keep exercising thru this. Try to keep walking if you can and use you core muscles (engage them)when sitting up straight or reaching for items like groceries.

Inga
Blank
Oh absolutely it can cause swelling as well as some weight gain. Prior to surgery, I was bloating out looking pregnant, post surgery now its mostly when ive done too much etc.
Blank
Is this happening to you right now?I have had problems for years now.I think maybe 8 yrs.I have pcos but when my problems first started I did not..My problems started after a D&C..I was having pain before then but not sweling or distention.Since then my body has gained lots of weight and I am unable to lose weight and become swollen.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...