Ovarian Cysts Community
cyst on left ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

cyst on left ovary

I am so worried, I had a hysterectomy last Dec. but Dr left my ovaries because of my age(37) Now I have a lemon sized cyst on the left ovary, which his is removing the ovary on Wednesday and will send it to pathology then so that if something shows he will remove my right one too. He says the ultrasound shows a normal cyst and that during the internal exam he could feel it and it was soft and he could move it around. I am so scared! I can't sleep or eat. I have and 8 1/2 year old son and am not trying to show him how upset I am.
Cysts in general are benign.  Only 1 to 2 percent of cysts are malignant.  If the doctor did indeed state that the cyst is "normal" then it is possible that the cyst is a functional cyst that might resolve on its own.  However, the process that the doctor recommends - to remove the cyst and send it for study - is the best and safest course of action.
Thanks for the reply.....I am glad he is taking the ovary out. But you know how all sorts of things play in your head. I just want the surgery to be over. Say a prayer
I feel your anxiety.  I have my surgery on the 29th to take out my complex cyst and a prolapsed uterine fibroid.  Im scared too.  Im scared of the anesthesia and then im scared to wait for results.  Im still trying to figure out how to get out of it but my family won't let me get out of it !
I recently went to the hospital, i was in so much pain it was so unreal to me.. when they told me i can leave they also told me i can get surgy now or later after calling some gynecologist.. i was wondering why,because they didn't told me anything was wrong with me yet, then he start writing the name of the doctor and some information about me on it so i can give it to him, i still didn't call the doctor yet, becayse i still didn't noe what was wrong with me, so i was lookin' on google for " cyst left ovary " and then read what was posted, now i'm scared.. this is like one of my top fear never to have kids on my own, i'm only 19, and i want to noe is this really bad, and am i able to have kids after this surgy??.. i'm scared.. but i have no one to talk about this too.. what are they gonna do to me??.. is it gonna hurt??... =[
hi i have cyst in left overy which size in 3.6 tha doctor give me medicin of hormon one am still taken i have pain in my laft sida specaily wen my beriod camin i have pain in beriod also samtime i can't handle it am scarin so much is that will affect to have child in future i feel pain jurin when i having sex i don't feel comfortable and it bather my partner .............is cyst in my overy couse this