Ovarian Cysts Community
how long did you have wind (GAS!) pains post op?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hello, I had a large cyst and my right ovary removed laporoscipally 4 days ago in a 2 hour surgery and two nights in the hospital. The sharp wind (that's Gas for you Americans!) pains under my shoulders and down through my abdomen have mostly disappeared, but I am still struggling terribly with bloating, tolerating only very bland food, and every time I walk, go up stairs, or get up after lying down I am belching and farting like some 300 pound beer drinking man! LOL!

It's painful, too! And it makes me feel nauseous! How long did it take for your digestive tracts to get back to normal, or at least settle down post op? I would be grateful to know that I am not alone in my disgusting discomfort!! :)
hi had surgery 18 march still have a lot of pain had a dermoid ovary and fallopin tube removed but to day had my first peroid since op so it could be that going on i know how u feel about the belly alot of my cloathes wont fit its deppressing
It could take a week or so to get rid of all the gas (sometimes longer).  The best thing you can do to get rid of the gas pains is to walk.  Walk as much as your body will tolerate.  Even if you just do laps around your house 4 or 5 times a day will help.  Also, drink plenty of fluids and you can take GasX too.
thanks for the replies I am trying to not be impatient!
It took a week for me too for things to sort themselves out, I also found walking around a help, and drank prune juice, not the tastiest thing in the world, but it did help!  

Don't worry, things will get better, i know how horrible the wind pain can be!
I am on month 2 and STILL get pains from gas. It's different for everyone, but I have it still. The doctor said that it takes months after surgery to heal. in my case, it is taking this
It lasted NINE WEEKS for me....something that annoying is hard to forget.  Plus, I was documenting it here while it was still happening.

It only seems as though it will never get better...but it does.