Ovarian Cysts Community
light pink spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

light pink spotting

OK so I last had sex on 1/19/11 before my boyfriend went out on the raod again (Truck driver) and then on 1/29/11 i have spotting then what appeared to be a normal but light period for 1 day and then spotting again. 2 weeks later i am now spotting again it is pale pink and only on the paper when i wipe. My doctor sent me for an ultrasound and she said it is a small cyst but it will correct itself. Does this sound right to anyone? I have a small cyst last year but never spotting. I have taken 2 tests both negative however have not taken one for about 2 weeks. Could I still be pregnant even though my tests i took were negative and its been a month? We really want another one however at this point I am just concerned wondering why I am spotting and have tightness is my stomach as well as some pains.
I'm in the same boat as you and I am planning to consult with a gyno as soon as I can. I am spotting constantly, pinkish reddish -every time I wipe. According to an ultrasound I had on Monday I have "one" 2ish cm ovarian cyst on my right ovary. Weird thing is, my ultrasound shows four black blobs around that ovary but she's only calling one a cyst, weird. LOL.  I also  have a fibroid. On all the u/s images it looks like my IUD is curved into my cervix. I wonder if it's slipped down and is irritating it or something.

My gp said that ovarian cysts can cause spotting until they resolve, so until I find out something different, I guess I'll assume this is kind of normal with them.
Even small cysts can disrupt your cycle and cause spotting.  It is less likely that you are pregnant since you have seen your doctor.  Usually, at this point, pregnancy would be detected by most tests.  It won't hurt to test again, just to be sure.  

Best wishes,

Shelly
so the spotting finally stopped yesterday. I am going to see if I get my normal cycle the end of this month. I found it weird that my doctor didnt even do a pregnancy test before she sent me for an ultrasound, I think this is what is causing me to go think I could be. However being that the spotting lasted for almost a week I am thinking the doctor is right on this one.
so the spotting is back again
You should definitely go back to your gyn and let him know the spotting continued.   You want to make sure nothing was missed on your last visit.