Ovarian Cysts Community
ovarian cyst and bladder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovarian cyst and bladder pain

I am 31 and had a partial hysterectomy march 12, 2013. Took only my uterous and cervix due to Adenomyosis. the dr. left my ovaries(even though I have had reaccuring cyst all my life) said he didn't want me to go through menopause. Ever since the surgery I have had constint bladder pain. At first they said I had a severe bladder infection. Was put on an antibiotic, that didn't help. Put me on another, still no help. Put me on a third one and it seemed to clear it up, 6 weeks later.  Urine is clear. I also have cyst on both ovaries. First left side about 4cm, that was drained during surgery,but apparently came back. put me on estrogen pills to shrink cysts. It worked but then a cyst appeared on right side, agian about 4cm. Kept me on estrogen pills another 2 weeks. Went back still there but not so much fluid around it. (whatever that means) Took me off estrogen, go back in another 2 weeks for another ultrasound. Its been 9 weeks since surgery and I still have same pain plus bladder pain. Dr. said bladder pain was due to cyst. I am at a loss of what to due. Should I have my ovaries removed? Is this bladder pain normal? Urologist said if the bladder is a pre-op problem that dr needs to see what problem is. But I am getting no where when I ask about my bladder. I still havent been able to return back to work dur to the constint pain. Please help
Here is the dilemma that I face as well as you. I have Endometriosis however.

I have an ovary and ureter embedded into the pelvic wall in which my surgeon wouldnt touch.

However before my surgery in Feb I had serious pain with urination. I would also pee myself because I didn't feel it coming out, also if I really had to go bad my urethra would go into a spasm and I cant tell you how painful that was. However during surgery both my ureters were covered in scar tissue and attached to my bowel and one to the ovary. I also had laser residue on my bladder flap and so I am not sure what it was or if it was just adhesions but I no longer have those symptoms.

It is also possible that you have IC (interstitial cystitis) which go hand in hand with Endo and I would think Adeno as well.

So hearing you speak I would think its one or the other, scar tissue causing an obstruction or IC.

I went through this for 3 yrs until I had enough and told them to cut me open already.
I have had full hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and I also have pain while urinating even though I have no infection. I don't understand why and I hope it goes away because it's really uncomfortable :-( I wonder if it is due to the scar tissue. I had Cesarian and then 1.5 year after that hysterectomy. That's two surgeries in a short time. Let me know what you found out please. I am tired of pain...any pain!
Okay I was totally confused here for a moment. I didn't realize expectingandhopeful that you werent the original poster. However I wrote it in response to you.

Since your Hyster was only recently there could have been work done that could have irritated your bladder and ureters. I would wait for another couple of weeks to see if it gets better. Sometimes it takes months for it to go back to normal.

I wouldn't see you getting these symptoms just three weeks after however there could be a reason.

Did you have urination pain before the surgery at all?

Thank u all for your responses. I am still in pain but go to dr next week hopefully he will figure all this out.
Good Luck let me know how it goes.