Ovarian Cysts Community
ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovarian cyst

I have been suffering from ovarian cyst since my 2nd child was born in 2009. I get them on a regular basics. I just had a CT scan done on Friday March 29th and they found that I had a left ovarian cyst measuring 2.9 cm and it's internal septation. I'm really worried cause every since my 3rd child has been born which was in July of 2012, I've felt like there is something really wrong. Can someone please explain to me what an internal septation of an ovarian cyst is..
An internal septation of an ovarian cyst means that there is solid and liquid matter also known as a complex cyst.

There are usually 3 possibilities as to what it is. It could be a dermoid cyst which if you look up just creeps most people out LOL.. It is filled with pieces of teeth, hair and different matter but are benign. The next is an Endometrioma which I had and was noted as a complex cyst and it was blood filled. Usually if you have an Endometrioma you have Endometriosis which can cause a lot of pain and cramping, nausea, etc these types of cysts should be removed and are also benign. Cystadenomas cysts are usually filled with mucus and liquid again 99.9% benign for all three types of cysts.

The size is not to big but if it is not getting smaller they will probably do a follow up US to see how fast it is growing or if it is shrinking.

When you say you feel like something is wrong it is probably the cyst causing all sorts of symptoms.

Please don't worry but please talk to your doctor about what he has planned next, watch and wait or removal.
Thank you, for helping me I actually go to the Dr. today. there are times it literally feels as if my insides are being ripped out or the pain is so intense it can take me to my feet. It makes my periods even worst, a lot heavier, and more painful. I just thought it was because I had a tubal ligation done after my son was born, which the scan also sad that I had a small amount of free fluid in my pelvis. It just worries me cause I have 3 babies to take care of.

Once again thank you for your help.
No problem what soever. Either one of the three types of cysts can cause serious pain and if you could have scar tissue as well that could be causing some of the pain too.

Let me know how it goes.
ok thank you and I will let you know