Ovarian Cysts Community
pain at night only

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

pain at night only

My abdominal pain in my lower LHS generally only happens at night. Been for off and on for a couple of weeks.
No other symptoms. Didn't know what is was but now think it's a cyst.
Fellow sufferers, do you get the pain all the time & does it usually go after a period?

Tags: Cyst
I have had ovarian cyst of and on since I was 15 I am 41 now.  I too always had increased pain at night when I went to bed.  Sometimes only at night.  I have never been given an explanation as to why but I assumed it was partly because of I have no distraction at bedtime or because everything in my abdominal area settles and aggrivates the situation.  Hard to understand. I have a small cyst right now which is causing so much pain almost the same as a much larger one I had. So I guess size doesn't determine pain level.

Thanks for your comments, it's helped me understand more of my pain. When it disappeared in the morning, I tried to imagine I'd dreamt it (some dream!)
I feel I'm one of the lucky ones who have been healthy all my life, but when it comes to experiencing something new, like pain, it's so easy to get panicky & stressed over.
I'm pretty sure I have a cyst and will wait for my period to come and go and if the pain is still there there definately arrange to see the experts.

I generally have pain of varying degrees of severity all the time.  However it is always much worse by the end of the day, which I put down to being on my feet all day as I am a lab technician.  During my period the pain is nearly unbearable and I have to take Tramadol.

Let us know how you get on.

Sally
Blow me, the pain has gone. I'm due to go to the gynecologist tomorrow - should I bother (I'm paying for her advice!)
My pain was the worst at night when trying to sleep.  Go to the doctor anyway.  Sometimes the pain stops for days and still returns.  If it is a cyst, you want to know, don't you?
Yes... You should still see your Dr. .. I thought I was home free before my TVUS.. the pain just vanished.. Nope.. they said, you still need to have the test.. Sure enough, they spotted the cyst.. and laparoscopic procedure scheduled to remove.  You'll feel worse if you don't see the Dr. and the pain returns..

Also, my pain (from a very small cyst) was less after a bowel movement, which led me to believe it could have been my Diverticulosis (Intestinal problem) cutting up.. Seems the left ovary and sigmoid colon really close together ..I mention this only because these pains can seem insignificant or very strange with a mind of their own...

Good luck and let us know,
Sandy
Hi everybody,

Well, off I went and after the examination, was certified as normal! and nothing wrong.
She didn't know if it was a cyst.
Feel very relieved to have my mind put at rest.
So whatever it was, I don't want it back, thank you!
So bit of a mystery, but one can't have everything.
Thanks to all of you for replying to my answers.
I wish you well and that your pain goes with time & quickly!