polycystic cyst
i have my polycystic cyst on my left ovary,and calcified ovarian cyst on my right measuring 5cm... is it cancerous?
There is no way we can determine if your cysts are cancerous or not, although most ovarian cysts are benign. Have you had a blood test called a CA-125 done?
What has your doctor advised you to do and has he run any blood tests yet? A 5cm cyst is not that large but most doctors will remove a cyst that is 5 cms. or larger if they aren't a functional cyts that could resolve within a few menstrual cycles. A calcified cyst will not resolve itself as it has hardened.  A cyst that size can be removed with laparoscopic surgery that has a much faster recovery time than open surgery.

I just wanted to point out that there is a forum just for Polycystic Ovaries. (PCOS).. you may like to post there as well.

Unfortunately, there is no way for sure to determine if a cyst is malignant or not without actual surgery being done. Even the CA-125 won't tell you for sure, as there are many variables with that test. It isn't very reliable in premenopausal women ..

Just remember that cysts are 95% benign. When do you see your Dr. again?

Good luck
Sandy
Is it possible for a lady to give birth with Bilateral Polycistic Ovaries problem?