Ovarian Cysts Community
polycystic cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

polycystic cyst

i have my polycystic cyst on my left ovary,and calcified ovarian cyst on my right measuring 5cm... is it cancerous?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
488689_tn?1337996758
There is no way we can determine if your cysts are cancerous or not, although most ovarian cysts are benign. Have you had a blood test called a CA-125 done?
What has your doctor advised you to do and has he run any blood tests yet? A 5cm cyst is not that large but most doctors will remove a cyst that is 5 cms. or larger if they aren't a functional cyts that could resolve within a few menstrual cycles. A calcified cyst will not resolve itself as it has hardened.  A cyst that size can be removed with laparoscopic surgery that has a much faster recovery time than open surgery.

Blank
356929_tn?1246393356
Hi,
   I just wanted to point out that there is a forum just for Polycystic Ovaries. (PCOS).. you may like to post there as well.

Unfortunately, there is no way for sure to determine if a cyst is malignant or not without actual surgery being done. Even the CA-125 won't tell you for sure, as there are many variables with that test. It isn't very reliable in premenopausal women ..

Just remember that cysts are 95% benign. When do you see your Dr. again?

Good luck
Sandy
Blank
Is it possible for a lady to give birth with Bilateral Polycistic Ovaries problem?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...