sharp, cramping abdomin pain
Hello. About 2-3 months ago, I was in the hospital with pretty bad abdominal pain in my lower tummy. After an internal ultrasound, it was determined that I simply had inflammed cysts that were aggravating my stomach and upper legs. I haven't had any issues with it since. However, today I notice that I felt unusually gassy and I had a very sharp and cramping pain in my upper stomach. In the past few hours, it has moved to my lower abdomen. I was put on Naproxen at the hospital and it seemed to help. I was wondering if this type of pain I am feeling today is the same thing. Being gasy and bloated seems to make the pain more intense. Should I contact my doctor about this since it happens somewhat frequently?
My complex ovarian cyst didn't cause me any symptoms at first, but from what I've read on this forum, your symtoms are pretty typical of cysts.  Definitely contact your doc to find out what's going on.  They'll probably want to do another ultrasound.  Also, this is a great place to find help for pain from cysts that aren't going away, growing, or complex.  Please keep us posted.
Thank you for your comment! I actually just called a pharmacist and told them what I mentioned on here. I was put on Naproxen at the hospital, and I found out from him that Aleve actually has Naproxen in it. It has helped tremendously. I felt better within 2-3 hours. So if anyone else is experiencing this, I would recommend taking 1 Aleve and just rest for a bit. Feeling much much better :)