Ovarian Cysts Community
what does it feel like when it ruptures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

what does it feel like when it ruptures

What does it feel like when the cyst ruptures.  This past weekend I hurt so bad in my lower back I was going to get my husband to take me to the ER.  I didn't though.  I am only 26 yrs old, on 2 different pain meds and have had mutiple back and hip surgeries.  I figured they would stereotype me.  I work in the health profession and I know they are not supposed to but they do.  My back has never hurt that bad.  It hurt so bad to move.  I took pain meds with no relief at all.  I layed on the heating pad and went to sleep for a couple hours and the minute I started to move the pain was back again.  I have never had that excruitating pain before.  I couldn't even pick up my son or barely even walk and there was noway I could have bent over.  The excruiating pain lasted 2 days and after that 2 days I felt sore.  Could it have ruptured?
Hello Cindy,

I had surgery to remove 2 - 10 cm dermoid cysts, ovaries and tubes back in August. I had left work early with severe pain and abdominal swelling. It felt like the worst gas pains I had ever felt in my groin area, back, abdomen and radiating all the way up to my ribcage. It was hard to walk, hard to sit. My jeans had become very tight, even though they were my loosest pair... I thought maybe it was something I ate and I thought if I could just pass gas I would feel better, but that was not possible... the pain was getting worse.. I could not get comfortable in any position... I started getting tunnel vision, nausea,  because the pain was so bad. Didn't have to move to feel pain, it was there all the time.. no heating pad or ice pack or anything would help... My husband took me to the emergency room, they did a CTscan and saw the large masses on my ovaries... they scheduled surgery for the next day.

The doctor brought pictures the day after the surgery and told me that one had ruptured or was leaking which caused all that pain. She thought they were chocolate cysts because of the color, (you could see the chocolate colored stuff all over my ovary & intestine) but after the lab tests were done, they turned out to be dermoids.

I had a similar pain a year ago that went away after 2 days so I did not get it checked out... thought it had been something I ate because it went away... and then nothing like that happened until a year later, but much worse.... I have lots of scar tissue in my abdomen and not sure where it came from.. I am thinking it's from the pain I had a year ago... I think there was some rupturing back then... so... you should go get that checked out... even if the pain is gone... doesn't hurt to see a doc about it...

Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks,

When I had my c-section 21 months ago the dr that did it said I had alot of scar tissue and kept asking me if I had any kind of stomach surgery.  I kept telling her no that I hadn't that may have been where that came from.  They may have went away when I was pregnant and come back afterwards.  I usually have a very high tolerance for pain.  But this past weekend I was like you.  It made me nauseous.  I have a 6 cm cyst.  They didn't say what type of tissue they thought it was.  The radiologist that read it is in an orthopaedic group because it was a MRI of my hip.  Wonder if he would have know.  I thought about calling the ob just to sit down and discuss things with her.  I just don't want any additional test slow down the process of getting my hip fixed.  
Your best option is to sit down with your ob/gyn. It shouldnt slow down getting your hip fixed. What it feels like is HARD to explain, but i will try. You feel pressure in your lower abdomin (abdomen), followed by dull throbbing pain, then your hip is very achy. With me I get very dizzy, nausea, bowel changes, and I get a sharp/throbbing pain that goes up to my ribs. Anti-inflamitories like Motrin help. You will still feel pain, but not as bad. With me if I sit still, in a relaxed position, it helps. But when I start moving around it hurts bad. I am sure the pain is different with everybody, but I hope this helps a little. If you get a fever you should go to ER because it could be a twisted ovary or something else.
Does it feel like pulling sensation when you go to roll over at night.  Last weekend and this last night, I noticited this.  It is accompanied by a great deal of pain in my back and bloating in my stomach.  I wish I didn't have to get out of bed this am.  I didn't want to move but my son was in his closet so I had to get up.  I could hear the doors open and shut and he is only 21 months.  I don't know what this is but I'm am miserable.   Does cyst pain get worse or go away when you are on your period?  I am going to call Monday and get an appt with ob
It depends on what kind of cysts you have. If its really bothering you you should go to the ER just to be safe. Then go see your ob/gyn. I have a four year old, thats in school, and I have to walk her there everyday. Its hard. But to answer your question, I sometimes feel a pulling sensation. As for bloating, that always happens on my cycle. I am still learning about cysts. The only thing I can tell you is what I go through. I went to the ER 3 times in 2 months cause it hurt that bad. Tell your ob/gyn that you need to be seen ASAP. And tell them how long you have been in pain. Ask for a ultra sound to. My cysts are what they call "Functional", they happen during ovulation and rupture. Every month. There are alot of cysts and some require surgery.
Thanks,  
I will do that.  I just haven't done anything yet the pain is pretty much gone.  I think I may wait until the pain starts again.  If they are functional cyst would you be able to see them right after your period or should I wait a  couple of weeks.
I would call your doctor and ask. Theres a web site you should check out that explains some kinds of cysts. Its www.cyst101.com. The cyst starts forming around the time you ovulate. I am glad to hear the pain is almost gone. I am still in pain. Finished my cycle 4 days ago.  You have to use your own judgement. You know your body better than anyone. Keep me posted.