PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Anxiety, Tight chest

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Anxiety, Tight chest

I have a severe anxiety and depression during Hepatitis C treatment. My symptoms were shortness of breath, dizziness, I could not swallow, I could not talk, I didn't want to see anyone, I was not driving and much more. I felt save only in my bedroom. Thanks god I have very supportive family and great doctor. Few month past, but we steal searching for right combination of medications. My symptoms are MUCH better, I stated to drive, my panic attack are mostly under control. But now I got new symptom-stiffness in the chest, I feel like someone put sandbag on my chest. Did anybody experience this symptom during anxiety. It's scares me, I start thinking that maybe it has nothing to do with anxiety?
Stress and anxiety can indeed make you feel really bad, and physical symptoms are part of it ..Ride it out, it will pass, try not over thinking I found a few years ago that my thoughts were the main cause of panic .Switch them off , distract , visualise a comforting place to go to when you feel bad...
stress and anxiety can be managed if not there is always meds :)
For the sake of things, I'd have your doctor take a look at your heart.  It can't hurt, and you can't do a thing if your heart fails... so it's kind of important.  If the doctor rules out a heart condition, perhaps he/she can give a proper diagnosis and get you on line for the proper treatment.

Anxiety can manifest itself in numerous ways.  I've heard people talk about the symptoms you have, loss of appetite, lack of motivation, sudden social phobias, and even some physical manifestations like ones hair falling out.  

I'm not a doctor, but I would suggest you see one about this.  Anxiety is treatable, and you've been through a considerable amount of stress.  Get professional help.
I to also have severe anxiety and I constantly have tight chest and also pains in my chest my doctor says there is nothing wrong with me that it's just the anxiety. But it really *****