Adhesions
I posted a few days ago on adhesions as I had read about them here.  At the time I didn't realize that adhesions and scar tissue were pretty much the same thing.  I had remembered the surgeon telling me I had scar tissue when I had complained about some "clicking" noise and pain when I moved my thumb.  Didn't think anything of it at the time.

I did mention it to the NP on the phone the other day.  She said it could be very likely that adhesions are contributing to my pain but that she wouldn't recommend going a surgical route just for that as it may make it worse.  (And I agree.)  I am going to talk to the surgeon about it though.  I still need another surgery to remove some pins that are migrating out (which are also probably contributing to the pain) and when he goes in for that, maybe he can break up some of the scar tissue.

I am NOT having the pins and screws removed, though, until the pain is beyond all control.  The surgeries are too touch on me and the recovery for every one seems to get worse and worse.  Doesn't seem to matter if the surgery is a basic one, like removing screws, or a more complex one, like trying to recreate the joint.

Another good bit of information I found here!!  This forum and the participants have been a huge lifesaver for me!!!  Thank you all!!!
You seem to be a strong minded person and know what you want to do, so get busy.  Life, is too short to waste time feeling poorly  and good health is the most important asset you have.  Go, girl!
We're always glad that you can be of help. And we are also very glad that you found us.

Yes we had a lengthy discussion on scar tissue and adhesions. The terms are often used interchangeably. Scar tissue is almost a given for anyone that undergoes a surgical procedure.

It is my understanding that you may have scar tissue without actually having an adhesion. If you recall adhesions is the bonding of two tissues that are not normally bonded, attached or adhered. So though I have scar tissue in the palm of my hand where I had carpal tunnel surgery I do not have adhesions in that location. Does that make sense? In an abdominal surgery as the scar tissues forms it often adheres one organ to another or one organ to the wall of a cavity and so on.

In some instances a surgeon will consider removing scar tissue. Again in my understanding that will occur if there are excessive, overly abundant adhesions that are causing particularly painful motion restrictions. It most always returns but it may buy you some less painful time and when the adhesions return they may not return in the exact same painful and restrictive manner. It's often a gamble.

I think it i wise to discuss this with your surgeon. It certainly can't hurt and it may give you some answers and peace of mind. And there is a lot to be said for peace of mind. :)

Take Care,
~Tuck