Pain Management Community
Can't turn my neck left without pain!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Can't turn my neck left without pain!?

Last night i was watching tv, and i realized that something had happened to my neck. I can turn it slightly, but I get shooting pain from behind my ear to the bottom of my neck when I try to push it any further.
I decided to go to bed last night and see if it would make a difference, but this morning the same thing is happening. I've tried massaging it and doing some neck exercises, but it doesn't work.
I honestly don't know what I did to it!
I lead an active lifestyle, so I need to know what I'm supposed to do...
I know neck injuries can be really serious, so please help!

p.s. I'm also going horse riding today, will my neck be okay for that? Also, I go to a dance class tomorrow, would I be okay to do that if it still hurt?

Thanks for all your help xx
This is very common, but maybe not with you before?

Most likely it has been slowly leading up to this point.

If you had no specific injury, make a visit to a chiropractor. Some do really great at relieving neck pain - that is their most common 'fix'.

Not all chiros are that great or honest, so don't go with one that makes you sign up fpr a multi visit program - you may not need that, and that is a red flag.
Hello Emily,

Please consult with your parents. They will have the best advice for you.

I hope you are doing better.

Take Care,
~Tuck